Monday, April 9, 2012

What Do We Say When We Hear 'Faggot'?


Mayree Ibrahim

FNED 150 Teaching And Learning In A Democratic Society

Dr. Gerri August

March 29, 2012


                The questions I need to ask after reading this article is “why do kids of this age even know this word?” Because looking back on my childhood, I had no clue what the word 'faggot' meant and as a matter of fact I didn't even know that word existed, so where are these children learning these words from? Another question that boggled my mind after reading this article is “why the teachers didn't just call each and every one of the kids that were being a bully's parents?” calling a child's parent at that age makes the child understand that what he/she did was wrong and that that behavior will be no longer tolerated in the classroom or anywhere else for that matter.

1 comment: